VOLUNTEERING MADE EASY
No paperwork. No orientation. Social and friendly atmosphere.
April 26, 2018 Meal - Sign Up to Volunteer
- Location: Immanuel Lutheran Church & School
- Address: 200 N. Plum Grove Road, Palatine
- Time: 5-7 pm
May 2, 2018 Meal - Sign Up to Volunteer
- Location: Messiah Lutheran Church
- Address: 25225 W. Ivanhoe Road, Wauconda
- Time: 4:30-6:30 pm
May 9, 2018 Meal - Sign Up to Volunteer
- Location: American Legion Hall
- Address: 515 S. Main Street, Wauconda
- Time: 4:30-6:00 pm
May 17, 2018 Meal - Sign Up to Volunteer
- Location: Community Church of Barrington
- Address: 407 South Grove Avenue, Barrington
- Time: 5-7 pm
"Significance doesn't come from status, wealth or great feats. It comes from service."
OPEN VOLUNTEER POSITION OF THE MONTH:
COMMUNITY MEAL COOKS NEEDED!
The Community Meal is open to anyone who loves to cook and has a heart for serving others.
Servers are called a few days before a scheduled meal. They are asked to prepare a side dish (vegetable, rice, mac & cheese) or an accompanyment (garlic bread, corn bread, dinner rolls) for 100-150 guests. Then deliver the dish between 3:30-4:30pm on the night of the meal to the host site.
If you are interested in volunteering your time to cook & deliver a side dish or accompanyment, please contact Sandy Hasse at (847) 525-8004 or email her - click here.
Community Meal Cook Tips:
- Remember food doesn't have to be homemade. Food from a store can be a blessing to our evening!
- Desserts and breads are the most common accompanyment to the meal because they're the easiest to bake/purchase and travel well.
- Many guests prefer familiar food rather than fancy food.
- Always provide containers (i.e. aluminum pans) that don't need to be returned.
Do you love to cook and have a heart for serving others?
We need you! Contact Sandy Hasse at 847-525-8004 or email firstname.lastname@example.org